Saturday 29 September 2012

The big 4!


Amelia's new Playhouse!
Our little big girl turned 4 this month. What a delightful person she is. At the current time she is significantly more rational than her 2-year old brother, though we expect (hope) that gap lessens with time. They are both caring, compassionate people, that make me feel (at times) like I must have done something right. Just yesterday Amelia and I baked cookies for a charity fundraiser at her school. When she noticed a few sitting on the counter she asked "why are those cookies not on the plate?" I told her I left them out for her and Tristan and Dan and I to have later. She looked at me and said "But if we take them all to school more kids can have money to go to school." Man I love that girl.

The Hungry Lion
The Tall Giraffe
For her party we invited her 15 student class of preK kids and their parents to join us for what we hoped would be games and bbq in our garden and the inauguration of Amelia's new playhouse. But with the weather gods (or the chinese government, depending on what you believe they are capable of) not cooperating we had to keep everyone in out of the rain. A few weeks prior to the party I had spied a large bin of cardboard for recycling outside of Dan's office, so I asked him to bring some home and asked Amelia what she wanted to create for the party, suggesting a castle or a house or some other singular structure. She wanted none of those. She wanted a cardboard zoo. And here it is:


The Friendly Elephant

Zebra and Pals

2 comments:

  1. Wow I am so impressed with your talents Katrin on these animals they are so well done and made for perfect fun pictures. Such a great mom your kids have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dominique, but I can't take all the credit, I had great little helpers!

    ReplyDelete